AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smoker recipies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Large Rounds
Posted 11/20/2017 13:49 (#6377861 - in reply to #6371229)
Subject: RE: Smoker recipies

Central Illinois
My go to is pork butt. My heat and length is for an 8-10 pounder. Lather that up with mustard (even simple yellow mustard will do) as this will help your dry ingredients stay put. I choose various dry seasonings (could be as simple as S&P) and mix with about 5x dark brown sugar. Add the dry over the mustard. I put the butt in a 9x13 glass baking dish to catch as much of the drippings as I can. Smoke at about 210 for 10-12 hours, covering with foil sometime after the half way mark (I'm still experimenting with this length of time). I prefer pecan chips for this but will use apple or a blend of the two.

For something completely different, eggs at 225 for 2 hours was a hit this summer. Result is similar to hard boiled but with a smoky flavor. I think the pecan is too light for this. Go with mesquite the first time and back that off until you find one that suits you.

Finally, I really enjoy the sausage rolls I found at smokedmeatwithjef on youtube. I think the sky's the limit with sausage rolls.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)