AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

livestock waters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Alberta Cowman
Posted 11/1/2017 15:40 (#6339347 - in reply to #6338680)
Subject: RE: livestock waters

patt0463 - 11/1/2017 07:45

We are installing some that don’t use electricity, even though we are nearby and easily could. The reason I like staying away from the kind that need power is in the event of a power outage in the middle or winter it would freeze up. Ours run off of well pump pressure only, so I wouldn’t have water running with power out but when it comes on I won’t have to thaw out the unit either.

Just an FYI. When I installed 6 of those thermosinks every hose clamp on the cross over lines was loose and it took two on each nipple to clamp the hose tight enough it wouldn't leak.

They freeze up over the float and if there's a grain of sand holding the valve open it will lift the float assembly off the pitless adapter then run wide open and make one heck of a mess. Or a good skating pond if you look on the bright side.

I have a new one in the shed I'd make a good deal on as I'm definitely not installing another here.

Your mileage may vary though. Not sure what an Oregon winter is like as that water line is only down a few feet?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)