AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn ratings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dittfarms
Posted 10/16/2017 19:48 (#6311747 - in reply to #6311706)
Subject: RE: Corn ratings

ottertail co mn
Not pointed at you zm, but so many farmers are just a bunch of whiners and claim there corn is gonna die because it is not rain forest green all year long.

I start to whine a little when my corn is yellow and almost dead up to the ear. But at that point my yield will probably be around 40 bushel an acre. And I hate to say it, but 40 bushel an acre is a crop failure.

I will keep reading posts about crop failures next year and many more years to come I hope. But I can guarantee to you that I will not be marketing based upon information I got off the internet. I have been wrong 3 years in a row listening to all the doom and gloom about poor crops on this site. I have done ok marketing wise being I am still farming, but I am sure I would have done better if I would crawl into a hole.

For those of you that actually know what it is like to watch a crop fight all year to survive and be a huge disappointment do to drought stricken yields I feel for you. How do expect usda to know what the whole crop is nation wide is in June when so many of us whine about how terrible the crop is and yet harvest aph yields or higher. I have have pointed my fingers st the usda also, and guess what I was wrong and they were closer to right than I was.

My opinion is that the usda should get out of the yield and crop condition ratings. The harvest progress report is nice imo.

Rant over and good luck wrapping up 2017
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)