AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cant open site on laptop?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 2/27/2009 09:35 (#624807 - in reply to #624749)
Subject: Re: cant open site on laptop?

Lubbock, Texas
for GFI and Kevin the best I can figure out after reading the web is that there is something set on your routers that has to do with ports that blocks this site or there is something on the router set that is blocking social networking sites (sites like this with a forum or like myspace) or lastly there is a conflict with a firewall on your PC and a setting on your router

if you can browse to this site through a proxy that means there is nothing wrong with your browser or any software that allows the site to display

if you remove a firewall or antivirus from your PC and you are not able to come to this site that narrows it down to the router.......if you can connect the problem PC to the modem directly and browse to this site that 100% means there is something set on the router improperly

that would be dealing with ports and or dealing with blocked social network sites....I would contact the maker of the router and explain you can browse on the PC when not using the router, but not with the router and ask about social networking sites blocked or about ports needing to be opened to allow sites with forums like this one

lastly I would try and update the firmware on the router to the latest version (you can find this on the router makers website or their support can help you)

sorry I can't offer more :(
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)