AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH 790 chopper cornhead
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 9/10/2017 07:24 (#6239077 - in reply to #6238713)
Subject: RE: NH 790 chopper cornhead

western iowa,by Denison
roo - 9/9/2017 21:21

A one row snapping corn would make for a long day...

if your really wanting to tackle earlage roo-have a seed corn guy pick earcorn and then run it through a tub grinder

jd makes a simple plate and you can put a 343 head on a 3960 or 3970
here we chop earlage with a 608c cornhead and the self propelled-usually 100 acres a day as we move along-the nice thing about that combo is we lose very little grain-I charge $70 acre and bring wagons and 1 hauler-we also run a rollermill that will crush the cobs and corn set at 2mm-with on board roll speed I can fine adjust length of cut on the go-in the old days my go to rig was a 803c uni with a 868 chopper-I knew there was a better way after running my corn head chain through and wrecking the knives-before that a fox chopper that was really slow so we went back to earcorn and a gehl recutter blower or the peerless roller mill on a truck with a cob crusher-my biggest year of earcorn was 1000 loads of 150 bushel-we then ground earcorn the rest of the year-the harvestore 20x60 was usually filled 2 times a year with earcorn-once in fall and then off and on through the year when grinding earcorn-now we put the earlage on a concrete floor and syrup then tarp-it actually is just as good if not better then what came out of the harvestore-the quality of feed is still the best out of the stave silos-it takes lots of management to have bunkers-and daily clean up-good luck-the earlage is worth the chase-lots of options-earlage seperates in the harvestore-probably better on a concrete pad
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)