AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land Cost
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 8/27/2017 06:40 (#6212464 - in reply to #6212074)
Subject: RE: Land Cost

whistle pig - 8/26/2017 21:09

Boone & Crockett - 8/26/2017 18:24

What you trying to say is what your current land cost is spread across all your acres and that's not the right way to look at it.

May not be right, but you wont own much if you don't look at it that way........Your competing buyers sure are.
Figures don't lie, but liers will figure. They are only lying to themselves if they tell themselves it only cost 1250 acre like 5 head stated above. I'm not at all saying it doesn't make sense to buy a piece and increase acres owned, it's just that the newly acquired parcel should have its own ownership costs assigned to it. Think of it this way; I have a 50,000 bushel bin with 40,000 bushels in it of corn at 13% moisture and great aeration. Should keep for a good long time without much concern, right? Now, let's add 10,000 bushels of right off the combine 28% corn to it. Let's even say the bin had stirators whereby I could thoroughly mix and blend it in. Are you suggesting to me that would be a good strategy? Of course it should be kept seperate, where you can keep an eye on it until it becomes not so volatile. And with time and proper management, it can then be added to the other 40,000 bushels, but not right away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)