AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enough!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 8/26/2017 09:48 (#6210959 - in reply to #6210070)
Subject: RE: Enough!!

North Central Illinois
Yeah it is what it is until it isn't! Guys have fallen once again for the repeated NAT hype that the crop isn't there. I'm somewhat guilty of this as well this year. I am a little surprised by the recovery in Nebraska, the Dakotas, and Iowa. I don't believe these folks were crying wolf but rather the rain literally came just in time to prevent widespread disaster. There are undoubtedly folks who did not get rain in time or at all but most apparently did and it saved the crop. I'm still not convinced that it is as good as the USDA says but I am open to the possibility. It appears we are headed for a relatively stress free finish although some areas are probably getting a little dry again. It appears that last big hope for bulls will be early frost/freeze scenarios. With continued below normal temps and a crop that is lagging a little behind I would not totally discount the possibility but I certainly wouldn't want to pin all of my hopes on it either. It appears that we are once again about to get a lesson in just how resilient these crops can be and how the American farmer can and will produce as much as possible. This should serve as yet another example of how "Peak Corn" was never anything more than a fantasy concocted by one person trying to make a name for himself. This crop isn't in the bin yet and we could very well still get a 2010 type surprise but we need to get real and stop blaming USDA, Pro Farmer, or anyone else for our troubles. We are simply raising too much corn and missing out on marketing opportunities by betting against the capabilities of the American farmer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)