AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Depressing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Andre54
Posted 8/6/2017 14:56 (#6170857 - in reply to #6170559)
Subject: RE: Beans won't break records.

central ontario
I had a spin through central Indiana back in early July this was a trip that came across from central Iowa and over to Peoria over to Indianapolis ,then up to Fort Wayne and across Ohio to Detroit,Indiana was a write off in general,so much watered out area and Ohio was not much better.I thought USDA ratings were maybe to high on these two states and too low on Iowa and IL,both the last two states had the majority of the lawns burned off in general,so water was becoming an issue to a certain extent way back then.no real whorling at the time,still a very respectable crop in general.

Kernel size alone could cut production 10% alone on corn,never mind ND,SD IN,and Ohio too many acres with a huge drag that will not make trend.

160 bu/ac max,may take a while too find this out though.Was right over in your area Conan.
Too many acres in trouble as the pic Conan put up,out east there were many fields with very large drown outs,Indiana especially,some of these low USDA ratings have not got a hope in heck of making trend,while other areas are good,too many acres in trouble too reach trend.
I think the report is friendly,keep in mind though the crop rating reactions have had traders or commercials sell these low ratings all season,not a very good omen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)