AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Every day another REPORT.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rob.Cogdill
Posted 8/5/2017 07:30 (#6168455 - in reply to #6168410)
Subject: RE: Every day another REPORT.

In a van, down by the river.
It may feel like hell right now, but the truth will set us free, and it will come out over time. AUG WASDE is typically the first change in USDA'S yield; did you expect them to make an unscheduled early announcement?

For now, I suggest patience, and be formulating a strategy to buy some calls or call spread soon to protect conditions that would maximize an insurance payout. I've been wondering for awhile whether we can expect a real seasonal smackdown, or if this is it...

Crops look very good in our trade area, but get ugly not too far north, so I'm just not too excited to do much of anything until next spring unless a better opportunity arises. I'm sure I could have done a little better on what I've already sold, but it's good enough to keep my banker happy deep into next spring. I feel pretty smug about working my plan, but I'd probably be singing a different tune if my crop wasn't in the "lucky few" category.

Edit: I have to admit it would be tremendously more difficult for me to stay half-assed disciplined if I had to support my family and future on row-cropping alone!!

Edited by Rob.Cogdill 8/5/2017 09:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)