AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good 7 day rain map could use help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sckansas
Posted 7/16/2017 09:17 (#6128877 - in reply to #6128745)
Subject: RE: good 7 day rain map could use help

eastern south central KS
Steve has it exactly right: NOAA still is the best tho' of course not perfect. Forecasting movement of dynamic, evolving and occasionally chaotic weather systems is very difficult, but that said has advanced greatly in the last 25 years. My view of Intellicast is that they are very quick to put a fairly highly % of precipitation into a forecast a few days out that turns out to be excessive. Accuweather is not very accurate in my area either. I have some background in meteorology and can tell you that even with computer models it is a very difficult science. That of course does not keep people from harping on it constantly. I keep up on updates and have found it helpful to read the "forecast discussion" tab posted below the forecast on the NOAA site. Weather underground also posts a link it you are reading the page that links to the actual NOAA forecast rather than their proprietory ten day forecast.... change to the NOAA forecast by clicking on the "gear" emblem on upper right of their forecast page.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)