AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

thanks to jpartner
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 7/13/2017 16:40 (#6123750 - in reply to #6123676)
Subject: re

sand85 - 7/13/2017 15:43 I think I see it, I have been watching the charts, reading, observing. I moved some fraction of Nov beans in the 1030's in Feb when it looked like they made a 'lower high' and I was happy to take some risk off the table. Now I see a series of higher lows and higher highs in the November soybean contract on the weekly. I read the other day when you talked about using different chart intervals to block out noise. And using the November weekly, looks like some of the (seemingly crazy high) targets talked about earlier by IN555 are in those areas of probability. Maybe need a bin to get there, timewise. Watching, observing. Not using the continuous charts, maybe I should be. Just using the CME app on my iPad when I get a few minutes, here and there.

Hi sand, 

Nice job taking the opportunity that works for you.  Generally, I would not recommend using multiple time frames.  That is a sure way to loose money.  In this case though, I believe the move is not relative to a growing season and why i am using the higher time frames.   Try and stick with one chart.

I know it was a rough day emotionally.  Of course, if everyone understood the facts of price, everbody wouldn't be getting tied into knots.  But instead we read every thread here, read the twitter feed, and hit refresh 25 times on the weather models, trying to get an edge.  The fact is PRICE KNOWS ALL - like it or not.  And if you think this move has never happened, load a Z6 chart from last year, and look at the price action post the March report....."sheeple" being shorn at its finest.

Take care

Edited by jpartner 7/13/2017 16:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)