AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Today really makes you think....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 7/13/2017 14:55 (#6123611)
Subject: Today really makes you think....

NW Indiana
I'm not really sure what to think after today. I feel like it was panic. Everyone questioning their thoughts(psychology). Does the new forecast really drastically change things? Do I suddenly feel like crop rating are going to start improving? When I stop and think of the USDA trend yields I pause and remember they are forecasting the second highest bean yield ever and the 3rd highest corn yield ever. Crop ratings on corn are a 5 year low for this date. Beans are tied for a 5 year low. Corn was 76% in 2016, 69% in 2015, 76% in 2014 and 68% in 2013. Beans were 70% in 2016, 62% in 2015, 72% in 2014 and 77% in 2013. 2015 beans managed to dry out dramatically in the east and still managed a yield of 48. I can't honestly say I know where we are going from here but I am really struggling getting to the yields that are forecasted. With a shocking 52 bu bean crop last year we still managed beans of $10 most of the winter. With a record corn crop on big acres we managed to trade 3.60-3.80 for a long period. I could be crazy but I don't feel like selling at these levels in july. Personally I was getting all bulled up because we could start to see some major problems and I honestly didn't feel we had put much(if any) premium in the market according this past winter. Jpartner says we are going to certain targets no matter, I am not sure I can follow that but it is his opinion and I can't prove it wrong. Hopefully next week brings more clarity. Maybe it won't be until the August report before we really know what we are looking at.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)