AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And to be clear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IN555
Posted 7/10/2017 18:37 (#6117498 - in reply to #6117413)
Subject: My experience

NW Indiana
2008 rolled around and I got lucky with my gut telling me $7's. I sold all I could of my 2008 crop June 30th. I looked at selling some 2009 and thought why in the world would I sell $6 corn now, didn't sell a bushel. We all know how that turned out, I said it will never happen again. 2012 I used my merchandiser and he allowed me to sell my 85% on 12, 13, 14 and half my guarantee of 15. As great as that was it doesn't stand out in my mind as much as NOT selling in 2008.
I will add after the crash in 2008 I had someone make the comment to me "we won't ever see those prices again". My response was I bet we see them again in the next 3-5 years, I got laughed at pretty hard on that one. In 2013 after a farm in the area brought over 11K(which is insane for this area) I was expressing my shock to a few guys at the auction. One guy turned and said that's not a bad deal selling $6-7 corn. I said "if he ever gets that". The gentlemen laughed and said " we won't ever see corn below $5 again". I pissed him off when I replied "at your age you won't ever see $6-7 corn again."(felt bad afterwards but sometimes it just comes out).
Point of all these stories is it is hard to see reality when everyone else doesn't seem to want to live in it. I post my thoughts hoping others can learn from my mistakes and hoping to pick up some wisdom from others experiences. Thanks for the kind response.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)