AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12:30 AM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JoeR
Posted 3/14/2017 12:30 (#5898844 - in reply to #5898764)
Subject: RE: Riddler

NW Iowa
In the internet word, unless you tell, no one really knows how old you are...heck I could be 12 or 57 for all you know...or somewhere in between?

If Conan is indeed under 30 (which I see no reason that one would need to lie about this), I find that his grasp on the market, charts, etc. is extremely uncommon for someone that age. When I was that young (or old?), I could not see myself explaining the things that he is. I commend him for that.

I also appreciate the posting of the charts, whether they are factual or hypothetical. For others to be able to visually see the chart along with the words makes a huge difference IMO. Unlike someone that says something like "Buy corn at $3.40-4, and you'll be rich." Where is the logic behind that? Why am I buying corn there, why not $3.32-8? He gives reasons as to what he is saying, backing them up with HIS charts, the way that HE has done it. Might not work for everyone, but obviously it has for him. Fry is another great example of chart posting (BTW, I haven't seen any forks from him for quite some time...).

HIS marketing plan is HIS, no one else's. Does it fit for everyone else? No...but maybe for some. Each and every person should have their OWN marketing plan, this is what SAT has been saying for a long time. BUT, he is teaching others to look at things in a different way. Backing his work up and explaining. I think that is a huge asset to others who want to learn more about the markets, structure, etc. I know that I do, and it has helped me look at things differently.

I was going to say something deep about farmers spec trading, but I won't. Just that I see no issue with a guy wanting to try to make a few extra dollars by buying the crop back to avoid commercial storage, etc. A little bit of hedging and spec'ing all in one. A true hedge might require a LOT of capital, depending on how big you are if you are riding that market all the way down (or up). As long as you know what you are doing (or are at least somewhat familiar with trading)...someone green, maybe not so much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)