AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

12:30 AM
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/14/2017 08:03 (#5898302 - in reply to #5898194)
Subject: I'd be scared with ya... If I had any old crop left. SNOW in NYC!!

Like Kooch's pic above..  I'd be scared with ya..  If I had any old crop soybeans left over to sell.   But I don't.

My only question is when to look at taking profits on new crop hedges.. and how large of a summer rally to get ready for?

Some are saying once we get the rate hike out of the way.. the dollar may soften...??

Idk.. rumors of rains in the plains yesterday..  my Dodge City NWS guy?  Not so much...

( http://swkswx.blogspot.com/ )

In several posts this past winter I discussed a potential storm around mid-March.  If there was going to be any optimism for an above average precipitation spring then it was hoped that the mid-March period would provide that hope.  It's mid-March and indeed there was already one system (Saturday) and another poised to move through tonight (Sunday night) into Monday.  Bad news....the systems are tracking too far north to bring much to the high plains.

On satellite you can see where the rather vigorous system was located (the red X)...

So New York City is getting OUR Snow?  Should do wonders for their wheat crop...

Us??

Snake eyes on the 7 day..

We're in the period of time that I was hoping we could get a decent weather maker across the high plains.  It's there but it's just too far north. I want to throw in the towel for the rest of the late winter/early spring.  BUT....

I'm usually a pretty optimistic person in general and always looking for that glimmer of hope.  For precipitation, I do see tiny "slivers". The Gulf Of Mexico waters are above normal (the moisture source) and there are some changes across the Pacific that could help bring a couple of opportunities yet this month. The next chance for anything (beyond tonight) will be late next weekend (19th) or early next week (20th-21st) and perhaps again towards the end of March.   That is the optimistic side talking.  Realistically we should expect below normal precipitation into mid-April but hope for the best. 

Lovely.

Well at least the big $$$ traders are getting snow... that should help the wheat market outlook...?!?

Edited by JonSCKs 3/14/2017 09:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)