AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Busy week on the ethanol front.. Icahn in trouble..?!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 3/12/2017 09:31 (#5893799 - in reply to #5893780)
Subject: For the brave.. seasonal weakness good time to add to ethanol stocks?

Seasonally we get a build in ethanol stocks in storage..  ( https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=W_EPOOXE_SAE_NUS_MBBL&f=W )

IF you believe this is a seasonal build before the driving season which will get drawn down.. AND you believe that ethanol detractors such as Icahn will not be successful.. it may be a good time to add to your holdings of ethanol stocks ( talking the kind traded on Wall Street.. not stored in a tank..)  LAST YEAR.. it worked pretty good for me as..

a) summer driving season consumed ethanol storage
b) corn prices retreated
c) other

currently ethanol is trading below RBOB by a pretty healthy margin.. ethanol production has been making new records and hence ethanol margins have been squeezed to even negative.. thus reducing the stock prices of those ethanol producers..

Will it be time for a rebound later this summer???

I view it as a hedge for my corn production.. if corn prices take off.. what I have in the bin will make me happy.. if not.. maybe my ethanol stocks will offset some of it..??

fwiw.. "NOT a solicitation to trade.. people can and do lose $$$ trading commodities.. stocks.. etc.."

"good luck." 

Edited by JonSCKs 3/12/2017 09:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)