AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Busy week on the ethanol front.. Icahn in trouble..?!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 3/11/2017 15:58 (#5892648 - in reply to #5892242)
Subject: RE: Busy week on the ethanol front.. Icahn in trouble..?!?

South Central Iowa
Lots of good stuff, thanks Jon!

Icahn is a deal. His conflict of interest is so blatant and apparent, its obscene. It's hard to say his influence can be removed though because of any personal relationship with Trump. Even if he removed himself from any public discussions if they were to occur, he will always be in the background. Who's to say if he talked about it with Trump on a hypothetical golf outing some weekend in the future.

I am heartened the American Petroleum Institute was against the Icahn change, I didn't know that.

Do you know what their stance is on E15 or ethanol in general? I am far less knowledgeable about these issues than you are.

Also, is there anything stopping Trump from executively ordering EPA to allow the RVP right now? Even more, is there anything stopping him from mandating E15 via executive order? Say in 1/2% increments every year for 10 years or something. I know when he campaigned in this state during the caucus he threw many bones to the ethanol industry and farmers as most candidates do, but one of his driving things was total energy independence. He wanted the US to be an energy exporter actually. And one of the ways to make that more easily attainable besides the shale oil would be to raise the amount of corn ethanol we produce. We can definitely produce enough for E15, and it seemed that Trump had that as part of his path to making the US energy independent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)