AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Andre54
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 3/11/2017 15:47 (#5892625 - in reply to #5891926)
Subject: RE: Temps n rainfall in July n August

North Central Illinois
I agree that the last few years have seen some pretty good weather that has certainly helped to raise these record crops. However, we need to remember that the last three years were not without weather issues. We need only look back at NAT posts during the growing seasons to see all of the hand wringing and carrying on about how bad things were and we were not going to raise anywhere near the crops that we ended up raising. My point is that the weather the past three or four years was far from perfect despite what Tfox is trying to tell you now. During the growing season he tells us how bad things are and how the crop is in jeopardy but this time of the year he tells us the weather was perfect and that was the only reason we were able to raise the big crops. You can't have it both ways. We can have significant weather issues and still pull out a big crop with better weather later in the season. Are we due for a 2012 type event? Maybe. I'm not sure. I suppose every year we go without one raises the odds another notch. I find it pitiful that Tfox and others hope for this type of event year after year. Peak Corn is a fantasy folks and don't forget it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)