AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WASDE!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 2/9/2017 18:53 (#5828592 - in reply to #5828490)
Subject: RE: THE CLOSE!!!

South Central Iowa
Well, those charts go on last trade instead of settle, so I can't really tell which ones closed where that day without looking it up. All of those are within a 1/2 penny so I marked them. Today's on my chart is not a doji either if you look; it has a body, but we know it was. The way I look at candlesticks though is if it is almost all wick and no wax, yeah, it's a doji. Matter of opinion, but it still shows the same consolidated deliberation regardless of whether it closed exactly on the open, or it closes 1/4 penny off on a range of 5 cents. Unless you are saying some of them aren't doji because they don't appear at peaks or valleys or at the end of trends, well yeah, that's because they failed to turn the market when their day was due. I tried using candlestick patterns when I first started trading and watched the 1, 5, and 15 minute charts where so many more technical things play out because of the accelerated timeframe. You would see candlestick formations all the time, but a lot of the time it seemed like a coin flip as to the direction they took out of them. They are neat because there is always some pattern formed or forming it seems, but they are "un-neat" because usually it doesn't tell you what is coming with any great level of certitude.

Edited by Conan the Farmer 2/9/2017 19:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)