AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle futures on Monday open
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/29/2017 13:38 (#5802493 - in reply to #5802178)
Subject: RE: Cattle futures on Monday open

Buxton ND
The first 5 minutes of trade in the morning will probably set the tone for the month. I wanna keep the CIH-red guys happy here tho they will not be happy if it gaps lower Monday morning @ 1680 Gaping lower would not surprise me both on the intra-day and daily. Its set-up too prefect to gap lower. If we do gap lower, the HFT boys well read that gap long before anyone in here will actually see it. Even tho JP may dis-agree with me on this its my quite firm opinion.

The spec money HAS been very veryyyyyyy friendly to the cattle. I did a corn to cows comparison below, your cash cattle have rallied just over 30% since the JD Low. As a farmer to farmer when the spec money has been veryyyyyy friendly to corn/beans its been pull the trigger. Cash corn price means nothing to the fund boys so I don't think they care what cash fats are either.

Positive side if J already sold off $2 coming into the report so this could temper the reaction in the front 2 months.

Sorry I missed the dairyman, CBM I do not know enough about dairy to do you any good. The 2 top folks I've heard talk on dairy are Naomi Blohm and Mike North both out of Wisconsin. You live here you either gotta be dairy or Packers right ! ! !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)