AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roy Smith on Market Journal this week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/29/2017 08:21 (#5801642 - in reply to #5801561)
Subject: RE: Roy Smith on Market Journal this week

Buxton ND
I see a farmer to farmer marketing man. I see someone who very much enjoys markets and has for many years. Roy's a farmer at heart and just does markets on the side lines and is not making a pile of money off it. Roy was one of the first speakers at CC when it started.

How many times do we see a marketing guys in a stocking hat and a camouflage coat ? Personally I would love to see Soy Roy speak at COMMODITY CLASSIC'S as a invited GUEST speaker. Btw he's EARNED IT for some reading this...... Roy and I have some VERY similar views of marketing in general, this does not mean charts/seasonal's/prices. You can tell I've got a little attitude here.

Roy's views are very similar to mine on COP. A saw a comment the first day of the Top Producer meetings in Chicago "Producers drive half ways across the country to hear "Know your COP" IMVSO this estimated COP meant everything last summer,,,, means nothing right now, just like last winter it meant nothing. If you needed cash by Feb 1st and your break even was 3.92 + or - basis March corn it meant ABSOLUTELY NOTHING now did it ? You just lost .30 a bushel on a 175 bpa crop that's 53 bucks an acre even tho you had RMA.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)