AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Utility Vehicles? Kubota? Gators?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lauritsenag
Posted 1/9/2017 21:15 (#5756872 - in reply to #5755215)
Subject: RE: Best Utility Vehicles? Kubota? Gators?

I may be the odd man out, but second year on a Yamaha Viking.I really wanted the Honda Pioneer, but the dealer couldn't get one for 6 weeks, Honda was that backed on production. I was concerned about the belt drive, but Yamaha has a clutch so the belt always stays tight. We had to Polaris 4wheelers that I inherited, compared to my Rancher with electric shift, they are very noisy and we've replaced the belts twice. Not a big deal but the Honda has nothing done to it. Back to the Viking, my dealer had only replaced one belt (the owners teenage son buried it in mud and literally burnt the belt up!) Other pros is the leg room and shoulder room, I havn't been in a side by side that can compare. Plus small doors with regular door handles, not them irritating nets. The big seller was the wide wheelbase. It can straddle 2 30" rows no problem as it lives with a 60 gallon sprayer in the back of it all summer. the only thing they need to change is put a differential in the rear end or at least a turf mode like the Polaris, cause it will tear up the grass in the yard when you turn. Heres another downer on the new Polaris's, they no longer have a separate park brake, the park is in the tranny. Most of the time not a problem, but if your jumping out to tag a calf don't slam it in park! (neighbor did that!, no longer a Polaris owner!) Lots of good machines out there, spend a day test driving, you'll soon figure out which one suits you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)