AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can ANYONE Explain this ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 12/27/2016 16:58 (#5726289 - in reply to #5726223)
Subject: RE: Can ANYONE Explain this ?

Buxton ND
That above has nothing to do with price/charts. These are #'s of the daily volume and open interest report @CME
+1841 were the preliminary numbers out on Friday
-7500 came out just this morning on the final report.
Normally this #'s are very close, so this is a HUGE miss or error. The only answer I've gotta in 3-4 year is late reporting by some firms. This coming from someone that contacted CME. So some trading firms can trade 2000-3000 contract in a market within 5 seconds yet they can not report their positions with in 5 hours ?

I find it UN-likely someone is sitting in XYZ trading firm office with a pencil/paper/calculator adding up the days numbers and reporting them to CME. With today's computer technology and SPEED my guess would be this reported automatically, whether its Christmas Friday or not.

1st, Was those wild bids to buy corn last night and it was not spoofing.
2nd, Someone REALLY had the hots to buy corn today and its just as much a Holiday week as last week if not more.
3rd, The numbers above being WAY OFF.

Today's trade has HFT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT much more so corn and wheat. I say lead by WHEAT....... Beans were like hey IDK why their buying but lets join the party.

OH MYYYYYYYYYYY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, did I really say WHEAT LEAD :o)
Soybeans started the rally show of 2016,,,,,, corn did a beans,,,,, and wheat brings up the rear ?
For decades this 3 markets have taken turns being THE leader.
I've been VERYYYYYY patiently waiting to say that for a few months.
Oh yeah, another major dump of snow for ND, major dumps of snow tend to make for a late snow melts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)