AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another perspective "do farmers deserve taxpayer compensation"?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

buckshot
Posted 12/19/2016 04:02 (#5708562 - in reply to #5706794)
Subject: RE: Another perspective "do farmers deserve taxpayer compensation"?

barren - 12/18/2016 13:46

Thread below got me thinking about farmers being subsidized by the taxpayers of our nation, specifically those toiling in jobs that are hard work and have little future as far as advancement. I was there myself years ago as I am sure some of you have been.

Given the fact that "Spectrem's annual Market Insights 2015 has been released, and it shows that there are more than 10 million Americans with a net worth of at least $1 million out of the total of 121 million households. The total is at 10.1 million, and the percentage of Millionaires among the population isĀ 8.3 percent.Mar 10, 2015".

So 8.3% of Americans are millionaires. What percent of farmers / retired farmers getting some form of government payments are millionaires? I would hazard to guess it is significantly greater than 8.3%. What would you estimate the percentage to be? Think the general public realizes their tax dollars are going to a significant number of millionaire farmers?
getting late here as I have had a shot of whiskey, that said I am in a community of big farmers. I was not able due to get into big time farming due to my mother and father beating it into my head to not barrow money. we did not use government help on are farming operations. somehow I was able with a lot of hard work and my wife with a job to put some money away. I can not guess what a few of my neighbors have been able to amass as most of them have screwed over the government for payments for all they could get even if they had to lie or cheat to make it work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)