AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geo thermal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 12/17/2016 22:26 (#5705575 - in reply to #5705355)
Subject: RE: Geo thermal

King City, Mo
We built a few years back.

Got the tax credits plus power company added a credit deal too.

The tax credits were on total cost not just geothermal so adding zones and more duct work Lead to bigger tax credit. I have 4'zones in my house.

Spray foam plus geothermal is sweet. Our power bill this winter has been running $270's on the screwnyou over rural coop rate per kWh.

Tonight we did turn the electric heat units on as I likemto keep their breakers off so they don't come on unless we absolutely need them.

We also put in a propane tank and set it on a concrete pad. No trimming around it. Then put in a propane fire place. That is nice to heatup the living room or if an ice storm and power goes out we can all be warm and sleep on couch, recliners and sleeping bags.

You won't regret the geothermal.

You will regret going cheap on insulation.

Dont build your house down in a hole. Set it up plenty and add fill around it so water drains away.

36" doors and wheel chair access to main floor was ideal for grandma to visit and will be if we ever injure ourselves.

Master-laundry-kitchen-living room all on ground floor

Think about when your 70-80 and not as mobile as you are now.

All contractors lie about something.

Save money for the good carpet.

A bigger shower with a bench and two shower heads is worth the money. One rain can and one pull off is a sweet setup.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)