AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Stove
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DoubleXL
Posted 12/5/2016 17:56 (#5677999 - in reply to #5676384)
Subject: RE: Corn Stove

There isn't a better stove than a Harman PC-45. Burns corn, wood pellets, cherry puts, soybeans, just about anything I've put through it. It'll go 4-6 weeks with no maintenance, zero. The ash bucket when burning pellets only needs to be dumped once per winter. Burning corn, it's about once every 2 weeks. It keeps my 3200 sf house very toasty. But for the occasional super cold NIL winter, I have an LDJ 160,000 BTU Amaizing corn boiler in the basement. House is split into 7 zones. Each kid has their own thermostat. That way the daughter that likes her room 80, can have her room 80 without my room being 80!!! The machine also preheats the water going into my domestic water heater, so it doesn't run from October to April. I burn about 300 bushels a year and the only reason I have a propane tank is for the whole house generator and so the better half doesn't have to mess with the corn boiler if things go south while I'm out of town, she can switch over to the propane back up furnace. I'll never go back to fossil fuels as long as there's renewable sources available. Next purchase is my own pellet mill to make pellets out of my dryer screenings. I'll be able to heat my house with something some people let blow away every fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)