AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

somebody was naughty.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/29/2016 13:09 (#5664570 - in reply to #5664268)
Subject: RE: somebody was naughty.

East central Iowa

daily I get a fedex message or a personal message from somebody

I use Thunderbird for email and it has the ability to filter messages.  For example if the sender is fedex it goes directly to trash and because Thunderbird learns it can identify emails that are trash, so another filter puts anything marked as junk directly into trash.

I can look at the trash bin before I delete everything, just in case there's a mistake but this way I never open any emails that might contain a virus or one of those that lock up your computer and demand a ransom.

On the road I use a live Linux distro called Fedora and run it from a USB flash drive.  That way if I inadvertently open something all it can do is mess up that system that's operating in memory.  Shut down the computer and it's gone.

edit: my passwords are so long and so odd that guessing them is out of the question.  son is senior software engineer and uses 16 characters and mnemonic to remember all of them. 

for example  "the world is full of people with opinions some not so great" becomes tw1f0pw05n5gr8

1 replaces i, 5 replaces s, 0 replaces o and gr8 =great  all things you can learn to remember.

Edited by Chris 11/29/2016 13:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)