AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

haunted or creepy machinery stories?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Oliver Farmer In MI
Posted 10/31/2016 21:28 (#5611302 - in reply to #5611246)
Subject: RE: haunted or creepy machinery stories?

Welp, here goes a real one. Back story is my Ma grew up on a farm. Third oldest of ten. Her Dad oldest of sixteen. His FIL lived with them. He was the main helper to my Grandpa. Thirteen mouths in a four bedroom farmhouse he built. FIL in one room. Ma and Dad in another. Then five boys in one and five girls in last room. Grandpa died when I was younger. My Ma never dreamed I would be farming, but here I am. Now my story.

I have an open front shed for equipment. I pull my K2 straight in so I can move it out easier. Last fall I walked back to get the combine out. My parents were splitting wood some 50 yards away. I got in the combine, fired it up, quickly checked both mirrors and saw a man behind me a ways back spotting me back. I subconsciously was so sure it was my Dad I never checked again. I backed up and made that turn and saw my parents still working on the wood pile. I know for a fact it was my Grandpa or Great Grandpa spotting me on my way back.

And the funny thing is I think about them a lot, cuz my Ma tells stories about how they would argue sometimes. Not see eye to eye on things on the farm. Every time I get mad at my Dad I later regret it and know one day I'll wish he was here just to not do something how I would do it one more time. I farm and my Dad helps me, so I think my Ma sees that same relationship with me and my Dad.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)