AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 4440 hyd issue revisited
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 8/15/2016 14:07 (#5470510 - in reply to #5470080)
Subject: RE: JD 4440 hyd issue revisited

Faunsdale, AL
Will the SCV hold the pressure? There are plastic seals molded onto the puppets in the SCV. Never seen one come off, but it would prevent the valve working properly, would either be leaking pressure into gauge or leaking it out. Would need to move gauge to each hole to check.

Logical place for the plastic crud to come from is through the main pump. Then it could lodge in the steering metering valve under the dash or steering block under the hood as well as the sprayer pump motor and some could have made it back to transmission sump to be caught in the sump screen or filter.

Have you checked the sump screen?

Doesn't take much trash to stop a hydraulic motor if it gets inside, so I would take it apart and inspect the surfaces there. you may see a piece of the same plastic or evidence of peening on the surfaces where particles have been passing through. Had one that was not leaking but wouldn't turn that we polished the peened surfaces with fine sand paper and reassembled. It ran fine afterwards.

I cannot think of a source of the white plastic in the main pump. Everything is trapped in joints etc. Been a while since I was in one, so I am probably forgetting something obvious.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)