AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our parade machinery (Pic heavy)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MidMOfarmer
Posted 8/4/2016 23:24 (#5451600)
Subject: Our parade machinery (Pic heavy)

Our small town is having its sesquicentennial celebration this year(150 years) It is a huge event for a town of 667 people. There are several events and sights to see including an 1898 steam powered carousel that many of us in the community have worked on for the last 3 years to make sure it made it to this event. Big foot, The Oscar Meyer weiner mobile and many kids games will be also be there. My username is misleading, Im more east central or northeast MO but if anyone is close to Perry, MO, come join us on Friday night for the car and tractor show or Saturday for the many events includings the parade. Check out the website at www.perrymo150.com

Enough about the rest of the event, one of the things I am excited about is the parade on Saturday. There are 130 entries in it so far and we have been working on and cleaning our entries for it. The first tractor is a 1940 model B. My Great grandpa bought it new at the local dealership in town. It was his first tractor he ever bought and we even have the original receipt which shows he paid $642 and his trade in of $257 which was a team of horses and a plow. They actually sold it many years ago. One of my great uncles knew who bought it and informed my dad when they had an auction. Dad bought it back 25 years ago or so. My brother and I restored it in the early 2000's. My brother and his wife drove the tractor away on their wedding day.

The next tractor is a 1954 model 70. My grandpa bought it new from his brother who owned the John Deere dealership in town at the time. It was my grandpa's first tractor he bought. When I was growing up the tractor sat in grandma and grandpas back yard. I don't know how long it sat there but I never saw it move in the the first 20 some years of my life. It was restored in 2005 or so. My wife and I drove it away on our wedding day

Next is a 1968 4020. Our neighbor, and one of my grandpas best friends bought it new. He passed away in the early 2000's and we bought it at his farm sale. I now live in his old house. We just had it painted and got it back last week. We have a 4020 that my grandpa bought new in 1966 that I would love to have restored but we still use it daily doing loader work so there was no point in doing it at this point because the paint wouldn't look that good for long.

The 4450 is a 1986 that a good family friend and my mom's distant cousin bought new. My brother and I bought it from them in 2002 which was the first tractor we ever bought. It is original paint. We spent this week buffing it. Painting the axles, muffler, nose piece and some other touch up work. It is stored inside but hadn't been waxed in many years. Im ashamed to say, Im not sure if we have ever waxed it. The paint was oxidized very badly and I was shocked at how well it turned out.

Last is an 8260r that we bought in 2013. There is no real sentimental value but we thought it would be neat to have it in there for people to see how tractors have progressed since 1940. We will have those tractors in the parade with our family driving it. I figured I would also throw in our other two restored tractors. The A is a 1948 on 42" rubber. It will be in the parade driven by a friend and pulling a wagon that his great grandpa bought in 1940. The G is a 1948 also (I think). We discovered it has a bad oil leak behind the flywheel that we didn't have time to fix but while we were cleaning everything else up, we figured we might as well do it too. I enjoy other peoples pictures and thought some of you would enjoy these. Sorry if you have slow internet.

(1.JPG)

(2.JPG.jpg)

(3.JPG.jpg)

(4.JPG.jpg)

(5.JPG.jpg)

(6.JPG.jpg)

(7.JPG.jpg)

(8.JPG.jpg)

(9.JPG.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1.JPG (167KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments 2.JPG.jpg (182KB - 61 downloads)
Attachments 3.JPG.jpg (181KB - 51 downloads)
Attachments 4.JPG.jpg (189KB - 62 downloads)
Attachments 5.JPG.jpg (192KB - 56 downloads)
Attachments 6.JPG.jpg (195KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments 7.JPG.jpg (201KB - 53 downloads)
Attachments 8.JPG.jpg (184KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments 9.JPG.jpg (172KB - 64 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)