AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vibration in 8010 combine rotor - chaff/dust in rotor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

case14
Posted 7/27/2016 20:41 (#5436046)
Subject: Vibration in 8010 combine rotor - chaff/dust in rotor?

MN
Our 2006 CaseIH 8010 Combine rotor will act like it is out of balance when it is set up for soybeans and running at higher rpm's. If you engage the rotor just right and speed up the throttle just right it will seem to balance itself out and run smoothly. It can take sometime up to 4 times of engaging the rotor and shutting the rotor all the way down to a stop to get it going without vibration. Sometimes you get lucky and you get it going on the first time you engage. It seems with all of CaseIH's wisdom they decided to put a plastic plug in the back of the rotor that our CaseIH mechanic says breaks out resulting in chaff and dust going into the rotor and getting it out of balance. We've run it this way for 3 years and I'm getting sick of it and want to pull the rotor and get the chaff and dust sucked out. I searched on here and the combine forum and couldn't find any other reports of this, but the CaseIH mechanic seems to think that is what the problem is.

Has anybody else had this problem? It doesn't vibrate at slower rpm's for the corn settings. The chopper has all the knifes. I also don't know for a fact this is the problem since we haven't fixed it yet, but it certainly seems plausible as the cause. It sounds like the plastic plug is no longer used.

If you have had this issue how did you fix it? Pull the rotor and stick a vacuum tube in the hole to get the chaff and dust out and replace the plug? Weld the hole shut after cleaning? Can you get at the hole a different way that would be cheaper that pulling the rotor? We've had varying estimates of how long it is going to take to pull the rotor, 2 hours or 6 hours at two different shops. That seems like a big difference and like most people I'm trying to be cost conscience. Does it make sense to pull the rotor and take it to a shop and cut a hole in the back and clean it all out and then have it balanced? The rotor is not worn out.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)