AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

$350 dollar 2630 bracket, no thanks I'll build my own
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

georgejr
Posted 6/13/2016 12:30 (#5352514 - in reply to #5352494)
Subject: RE: $350 dollar 2630 bracket, no thanks I'll build my own

Wisconsin
Indianajones - 6/13/2016 11:18

Wow, those radios must be heavy. Enough steel in those brackets to jack up the entire unit.
INDY

My guess is scraps laying around but even in plastic that would be overkill. We built our own brackets because often the factory isn't where we want it and like the flexibility to have a clean layout. Hardi sprayer bracket works good and I tied into the Deere cab and I made a modified bracket to hold the height controller but normally we build it with Ram mounts to give us some flexibility. We also have a rest so the ram doesn't need to support the weight entirely but lets us change the angle if we want. Previously on the height controller for the sprayer they had Velcro and a 1" ram ball with no glare issue on a screen I just wanted it to be in the same spot so I could quickly adj height or put back in Auto after turning... I just tied into the Hardi bracket and is rock solid. At the end of the day figure out how many hours in the cab and then spend a % of that time making the experience in the cab the best. This past spring we had a Ipad Pro 12.9 tablet and a reg Ipad along with the 2630 and the GS3 display. Worked great but I will say finding a holder for the Ipad Pro 12.9 wasn't many choices.... Looked clean when we were done but Dad never let me drive the planter as he was having too much fun to get a good feel for the locations while in use. Stripping and spraying kept me busy anyways. Thanks for posting always good to share what others do to help give others ideas as well..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)