AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mx120 case
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/13/2016 05:38 (#5351939 - in reply to #5351922)
Subject: RE: Mx120 case

central - east central Minnesota -

Boone & Crockett - 6/13/2016 05:09 A have a '15 MX 115, so assume pretty much same engine/drivetrain. Have a Case 6-20's plow, same thing as an Oliver 588 I'm pretty sure, that I pulled out of the weeds last week to work on fior plowing up some heavily sodded food plots. Put all new hydraulic lines on plow and thought, what the heck, I'm gonna see what this little 115 can do. Was amazed it pulled it along at 3.5 mph, doing a beautiful job. I have a 755 loader on it which helped give some extra traction, which was my limiting factor from going a little bit faster. I'm a fan of the 6 cylinder engines IH uses.

They are totally different tractors . . . .  .

The early MX series didn't have many electronics on them and used Cummins engine . . . . very good mechanical tractors.
Your "New" series MX has lots and lots of electronics to "run" the tractor and uses a different engine and different drive train . . . .

The early MX series are very similar to the McCormick's of that time frame and even today - they share many of the same components - but, new McCormick's have more electronics built into them . . .. . . .

Edited by iseedit 6/13/2016 05:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)