AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger MT7xx vs Case IH Magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

2mcclure
Posted 6/11/2016 14:43 (#5348876)
Subject: Challenger MT7xx vs Case IH Magnum

We're getting to the point where we really need another front wheel assist. We want to trade our JD 9200 for it which currently pulls a 31ft 330 turbo disk and a 17 knife nh3 bar. So whatever we trade for has to pull the same. I have confidence a 335 or a 340 magnum would pull that stuff fine my biggest concern is how they would ride. I pulled the turbo disk with our magnum 275 a bit this spring and it was pretty rough to say the least. We run the turbo disk over acre behind the ripper every fall and after running the 275 I'd say there's no way a tractor with a standard front axle would work. So I guess my question is would a mag 335 with suspended axle rice that much better than a standard axle? What about a 340 with Susp axle and suspended cab? It seems to me that a track machine would be the best of both worlds for is to me but I'm having trouble convincing everyone else on the farm. Does anybody have any experience with how like a mt755 with 18" belts would pull and ride compared to a magnum? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)