AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planting into cereal rye article
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

zachary193
Posted 5/6/2016 07:42 (#5285519 - in reply to #5285409)
Subject: RE: Planting into cereal rye article

Well I will find out what happens because I had no spray windo for the last 2 weeks to cold wet rainy to spray. Won't get to spray till this Saturday hopefully. Plus we're about at the go time here in pa for planting corn. I have cereal rye and winter triticale to compare the difference. Me and my dad attended a NRCS crop demo last fall and I asked about the allopathy and they said it can happen just not as prevalent as out west. They preached the planting green aspect. I tried it before had great results. But we're a little tall and don't need any more growth stages in the cereal Rye. The winter triticale is not as tall but the feral rye has much more bio mass. I will follow up with some pics on here and let you. Guys know where I am and how it's going. They said that it shouldn't be such a problem here and as long as the furrow is closed we should be good wich I have yetter spikes and they will close in any conditions . Plus is see a lot of dairy farms around they don't wait that long to plant after spraying so we will find out for sure what do you do when the planets don't align !!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)