AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trading MFWD for a 4-Wheel Drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 10/17/2006 22:28 (#52670 - in reply to #52616)
Subject: RE: Trading MFWD for a 4-Wheel Drive

NE SD

Millhouse,

I am in total agreement with you. We started using a four wheel drive tractor on the planter this spring and I wouldn't want to go back. Only thing I really desire for is a powershift transmission. I think that a four wheel drive on the grain cart would be the cats meow as far as being in control. FWA's work well and are very nimble, but just don't compare. If you look at the tractorhouse machinery site, you can buy a 250 hour 9220 equipped with 3pt, 1000pto, autosteer, and powershift, for the same money as a 2005 8520 with the same setup. Not only do you have much more tractor but you've got 50 more hp to use at will, a lot more displacement, and something you can use for tillage.

BTW, I am also in agreement with you as far as the track tractor / IVT thing goes. If JD gets their head out of their rear end this next fall and introduces a suspended undercarriage along with IVT, they would have one h e double hockey sticks of a machine. We're kind of in an odd stage as far as tractors go in general until my brother and I can get our hands on some more ground or we start doing some custom work.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)