AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

99 buick park avenue.......no working turn signals.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 12/6/2008 07:12 (#525276 - in reply to #525247)
Subject: DON'T JUST PULL OFF THE STEERING WHEEL !!!!.

West Union, Illinois

DON'T JUST PULL OFF THE STEERING WHEEL !!!!.  If the car has air bags it could get really nasty really quickly.  I stopped and talked to my local mechanic and his computer kept popping up warnings about disabling the air bags before doing ANYTHING in the steering column and in/on/under the dash and waiting 10 minutes before proceeding.

He recently installed a turn signal switch in an 0-something Impala.  I think he said it came to about $600 installed and most of that was the switch.  It turned and dimmed and cruised and wiped and ... oh, it really wiped the owners pocketbook.

I have an 01 Dodge Dakota that the radio and turn signals are working intermittently on.  You wiggle the key just right and they work.  Mechanic agrees it is probably the electric part of the ignition switch .  Depending on whether you go to Dodge, NAPA, CarQuest, or O'Reilly's it is $20-$30.  Only problem is NOBODY has one.

Dodge has none. Only possibility is if a dealer has one in stock and their parts locator didn't find one in what they considered a reasonable distance. The term factory back order is being tossed around.

NAPA has none.  There was supposed to be one coming from the Memphis warehouse.  When Sarah called to see where it was they said "Oh, that is out of stock. You should have gotten a notice it was NLA"  The term factory back order is being tossed around.

O'Reilly has none.  The term factory back order is being tossed around...I've heard that before.

CarQuest is supposed to be getting one from ... I think Michigan.  I didn't mention the other guys kept saying something about a factory back order.

Reckon this is going to develop into a common problem if the auto makers can't get their act together?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)