AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter Drive Sprockets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BobRecker
Posted 3/14/2016 10:36 (#5175433 - in reply to #5175083)
Subject: RE: Edge Row Yield Data

You are observant and correct! One of my cooperators who did this for several years felt that pushing the outside row population/yield higher took some of the potential away from Row 2. I tended to push for bragging rights on the outside row, and collect data for the rest. Because you are investing a lot of effort in the sprocketology, I'd recommend that you focus on just the outer row this year, and see if you are happy with the results. Then you could reconsider the strategy for Row 2 next year, unless you buy PP vDrives like I did, and life is good for setting each row independently. FULL DISCLOSURE: not all varieties respond the same, each area may be different, etc. "Actual results may vary..." I understand that variety matters, but I don't have enough data to better define that. I have been told that a determinate seed (NOT high flex) is better for the edges. If you send me a private e-mail, I'll give you the seed Brand and variety in the plot in the graphic I posted above. I hesitate to put it in the public space.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)