AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter Drive Sprockets
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 3/13/2016 16:21 (#5173756 - in reply to #5172828)
Subject: RE: Planter Drive Sprockets

Morris, IL
I'm not sure where Kinze came from, this is JD 7200 planter. I should have said something about the planter model, no matter. I have considered modifying the eset plate as well. I wondered if i could get a blank disc and drill my own or contact precision planting directly and see if they would make one with 40 and 50 cells. Or maybe one with 20 and another with 40 along with the standard 30 cell and somehow adjust soybeans down.

Vacuum is another problem, i have a gut feeling i could run high vacuum and it wouldn't affect soybeans that much but i'm just not sure.

In a perfect world i'd setup a second cheap NH3 bar for side dressing. I would go skip row and adjust rates to the same tune as the plant population, so it would end up something like this, 200-150-200. So basically i'd just take a 4 port manifold and spilt one and run it to the outside knifes. But things keep adding up and we'll see where i quite. I have a 12 row sidedness NH3 bar already setup in the shed. I would also like to run maybe a little UAN late with my sprayer with a homemade Y drop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)