AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lurker's Weekend :o)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Marlowe113
Posted 3/13/2016 13:26 (#5173437 - in reply to #5173231)
Subject: RE: Lurker's Weekend :o)

I'll take Sat's 'set' challenge.

I work at an investment firm in New York. I have posted two or three times, asking general questions about equipment spending intentions but I lurk on this site EVERY DAY. I don't trade the commodities very often (did a little in 2014) but I follow the ag equities closely (Deere, Monsanto, Potash and so on). This is the most informed site/industry forum I have found about the outlook for grains and the ag economy, with the most intelligent commentary about marketing crops. I learn a ton from reading everyone's insights -- and I know I'm not the only guy in Manhattan skulking around these parts (I've directed a few folks here over the years). Wall Street can be an echo chamber of people 2,000 miles away from the action, so it's useful to read what's up here.

A few times a year, I'll make my way out to big auctions and conferences (haven't been out yet this year, but the Van Wall equipment auction in Boone, IA on March 29 looks interesting). In the meantime, New Ag Talk is my virtual office water cooler where I spy on the conversations.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)