AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4630 powershift problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

htfsc
Posted 3/12/2016 22:14 (#5172495)
Subject: 4630 powershift problems

NC
Bought john deere 4630 tractor cheap with bad tranny (missing 12347 forward gears which is c3 clutch pack) has 8 speed powershift. Rebuilt transmission with all new clutches, springs and piston seals. BTW thought I found problem, there was a bad piston oring on c3 clutch piston. Put tractor back together exact same problem missing 1234&7.. Checked pressures at valve body all were around 180psi exept for c3/which was 30psi.. Ok i must have broke a sealing ring so i Took it back apart inspected everything and found nothing wrong. Then I pressure checked the c3 hole with valve body off with air and smoke machine. The top plate and rockshaft were also off so i could see c3 line and shaft.. I only hear air and see smoke around c3 drum which book says is normal due to steel selant rings but I can hear the clutch enguage and hear the spring washers sending the piston back into its bore when air is released. Thought then it was in valve body so I pit it all back together again and took a good valve body off my other PS 4630 and still the same problem, only 30psi at c3 which indicates a huge leak that I can't seem to find... Any ideas where else to go??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)