AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8370R Coolant Temp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/12/2016 07:43 (#5170847 - in reply to #5170196)
Subject: RE: 8370R Coolant Temp

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've got an 8310R with a Steinbauer in it. Seems like that's the temp I'm seeing. I believe they run hotter now days. I don't know if the Steinbauer has anything to do with it as I didn't pay attention to the digital temp indication before adding the Steinbauer. The bar graph temp gauge always seems fine.

Concerning the Steinbauer. I put one in last summer for increased power for fall tillage. I didn't drive it much until the end of the season. I noticed a warning appearing that said something to the effect that Cylinder #4 had reduced fuel flow. It didn't mention pressure, but seems to imply flow. This code cleared by itself and I didn't notice any power problem or other indication. My brother who usually drove the tractor said that he had seen it a few times also.

When I questioned Steinbauer, they said that their product would not cause problems but would make other weaknesses that were already there show up. I've talked to a couple of different Deere Techs about this. Most say to get the Steinbauer out of the tractor. In the spring it is used on a planter where the extra power is not necessary. The last Tech I talked to suggested running it with and without the Steinbauer active to see if the problem appeared with it active versus inactive. Since I have grounding switch from the initial install, this will be easy to do.

Any other thoughts on this?

Edited by tedbear 3/12/2016 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)