AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 3/4/2016 20:03 (#5155655 - in reply to #5155597)
Subject: RE: JPartner, maybe you can sense that .....

1234 - 3/4/2016 18:43 Maybe you can sense that some of us fellows out here in the boondocks are getting a little spooked with the warm weather. Ordinarily I'd agree with you about the timing but some of us figure the only chance we'll have to survive this coming drought will be to plant just as early as possible. When the world we see doesn't line up with the prevailing story of too much grain the congitive dissonance gets to be a bit much.

Hi 1234,

I understand,..Just to clarify .. we have a farm that we call the "boondocks". I am no different than you.  Very aware of the weather variables.  Will there be a drought someday..absolutely.  Will there be another flood.. no doubt.  This year?  Could be. As a producer too, I know just like you that every year is different. Last year was nearly perfect in my area, you can bet that this year will not likely be perfect.  Last year's "perfect" weather was record crops for most in our area.  The second best year in our area (best for some) was 2013, when we got literally drowned. There are huge weather differences between those two years, and likely this year will fall some where in between.  Some will get burned up, others will be flooded....happens every year.  We will plant early if weather permits.  But - IMHO- it's  a stretch to be thinking beans are going up and planting early are connected - and that somehow means the crop is in trouble is a stretch..especially early planting.  Early planting generally leads to big crops...Maybe I am misunderstanding. 

I like to say that the event is interchangeable, as it doesn't matter what causes the spark, it only matters if there is enough fuel to cause the explosion.  Price will go up when buyers are willing to pay more, and sellers are willing to quit selling for less.  Nothing else is really matters, because without that, it just won't happen.

Take Care

Edited by jpartner 3/4/2016 20:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)