AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From the other site
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rab1964
Posted 2/28/2016 15:23 (#5143250 - in reply to #5142645)
Subject: RE: From the other site

Boone & Crockett - 2/28/2016 10:31

rab1964 - 2/28/2016 10:18

I certainly wish that we had that kind of luck B&C. A good start here means absolutely nothing anymore. Generally a couple of floods in April and May, followed by too dry in August. Of course a good start doesn't seem to happen much anymore here, we use to routinely start planting early April when it was always seemed way to cold.
I here ya, Rab. I know You've had it pretty rough lately. It was our turn last year. Out of the last five years, we've had 2 disasters, 2 mediocre crops, and one bin buster. Didn't have many bushels to sell when corn was really high. I'm enthusiastic about our chances at a very good year, at least. If past history here is any indication, when we get these kind of early springs, good crops are usually the result. I really hope you and 1586 and all your neighbors have a terrific year, it's certainly about time.

Can't complain near as much as the guys just east of here can, we have been the dividing point the last few years. Some awful good ground east of here has not grown much in the last 5 years, between too much rain and hail. Sad to say but 2012 was by far and away our most profitable crop at 85 bpa! Congrats on the retirement and hope it all goes well. Hope to get to that point someday, just always a few more things to pay off!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)