AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not a single mudhole
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 2/28/2016 09:03 (#5142419 - in reply to #5142291)
Subject: RE: Not a single mudhole

Southeast Colorado
Most of our wheat looks good still ..........................but the top has gotten dry and it is starting to back up. Ever since we planted, it was hard to tell the irrigated circles apart from the dryland corners................but as of about 10 days ago you don't have trouble seeing that line. I'm still pretty optimistic, but my optimism is definitely fading. I'm not going to add any topdress until their seems like a really good chance for moisture to put it to work. Also I kind of hate to spur that wheat on to grow any more than it already is. The last couple of times they called for decent chances of moisture we barely saw a drop or flake. Not sure where this Feb. stands on the cold/hot scale............but I certainly don't remember one this warm. We've got calves out on the irrigated and I originally thought we might graze the dryland but it appears that ship has sailed. Wheat backing up from lack of moisture will not hold grazing cattle very long. Come on Ma Nature...........you still have time............deal me a winner!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)