AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

From the other site
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

hillclimber
Posted 2/28/2016 08:40 (#5142360 - in reply to #5141892)
Subject: RE: From the other site

SW Wisconsin

FrytownFarmer
"Just because I don't argue acres or crop size doesn't mean I don't understand what's good for both end users and producers...
Larger crops are better for both. Especially with such global competition coming on now."

I have never subscribed to the philosophy of being able to produce our way out of low prices brought on by too much production. Crude oil is an excellent example of this right now. The laws of supply and demand have not been repealed.
Something has to reduce the supply to boost the price. Large crops will benefit the end users and not the producer (notice fuel prices) Regarding coarse grains, weather seems to be only thing able to do it as farmers world wide will do everything to maximize their yields as long as they can afford to. Eleven short years ago we had $1.39 cash corn in the fall. Looking at at the slides from last weeks USDA outlook conference does not inspire me to optimism. There simply is not much bullish news in the scope of things for the immediate future. We can only hope that nature will provide a reason for prices to rally and for us to profit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)