AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

grain bin ???? fans, heaters, controllers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmcdc
Posted 2/22/2016 15:07 (#5129603)
Subject: grain bin ???? fans, heaters, controllers

Fremont, NE
I posted this in Machinery Talk also so no need to respond to both.

I am putting up a new 48' x 32' eave height bin this spring/summer and will be used to store/air dry <21% corn. I only have access to single phase power so am limited to 15hp cent. fans. My first question is that two 15hp fans vs. 10hp fans, only create about .05cfm difference between them when bin is level full at 32', (roughly 0.43-.45cfm w/(2) 10hp & .045-.049cfm w/(2) 15hp) Would it be worth the extra $3000 for the dual 15hp fans? Hearing from a few that 15hp fans have some longivity issues maybe at times?

2nd question is about low temp heaters, want to go with AgriDry, OPI Integris, or IntellAir for a management system and what is the best route to go with the heaters, upstream or downstream and why? Only talking a 10-15 degree temp rise. I would think downstream would be more efficient but serviceability would be harder. Would be using Sukup heaters if that makes a difference.

Hanging fans/heaters vs. Pad mount?

Agri-Dry Bulleye needed for each individual bin so multiple controllers if using them on more than one bin.
OPI Integris has a higher initial start-up cost but considerable cheaper after that first Bin.
IntellAir looks like the best system but is slightly cheaper than OPI but need all components for each bin. Has anyone tried all three or done some deep research on all three?

I would currently have one corn bin, roughly 55k and 3 smaller bean bins and like the idea of hydrating the beans if needed. All bins would be within 100' of each other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)