AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Canada Overtakes US on Wheat Exports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 1/30/2016 09:54 (#5074563 - in reply to #5074266)
Subject: RE: Canada Overtakes US on Wheat Exports

Buxton ND
I think that pictures is hilarious, once sent it a guy in AW to doctor its up to fit old ICF. ICF was a total wind bag BTW.

Well gentlemen, for us here in the USA, this is the after effects of my local wheat trading to $25 in 2008 and back to $10-11 in 2011,,, if I remember right that was off the Russia drought. June 10-12th MWEN11 OVER $11***** I remember it very well because June 12th was the day I walked down the alter for the 2nd go around in 2004. 2004 also stand out as THE YEAR with Beans/China/Cancellations with the bulls being turpentined that fall.

The last week of June 2011 YES THE LAST WEEK, I saw with my own eyes wheat being planted 30-40 miles out in MN SE of me. I could not believe anyone would plant wheat THAT LATE. That $10 very plus wheat was a carrot the size of Texas to plant, EVEN THAT LATE. These guys had visions of sugar plums/lolly pops /$15-20 wheat as they had seen just a few years prior. June 1st is the PP date for wheat in this area. That late late wheat turned out very poorly.

2009 stands out for me again, I got divorced quick like 2x,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, combined my first 90 bpa plus bushel wheat EVER ( I had some 50ish bad water damaged stuff also that year) I made a HALF round around the "good stuff" I called and order my first GPS auto steer to add to my 4-wheeler. Not that I really needed it just then, but my Dad was in the home, yet still good enough to come out,,, get in the tractor and drive a tractor that drove it self**** SO MY DAD got to drive it, before it was too late. We'd turn the corner,,, I'd say dad just push the button,,,,, it steer its self,,,,,he LOVED IT, (I was smart enough NOT to tell him how much it cost) ((been there done that before in my younger years)) he'd forgot about by the time I took him back to see Mom BUT HE GOT TO DRIVE AND I HAVE PICTURES. That was my Fathers last time in the tractor.

Now back to the 25 and 10-11 dollar
We now that 10 bucks is pretty dam good.
We only dream of that 20-25 stuff and its a story to tell the kids and grand kids.
Maybe 8-10 bucks was not enough for us here in the USA,,, to the world wide producers of wheat or other grains that can be used for feed (8.50 corn) it was UN-Godly wild profits for them and they planted the living manure out of it JUST LIKE WE DID/HAVE*****

The currency markets CHANGES things between us and our Canadians counter parts. It changes things between us and SA. Not to mention the old Russia's and France. Ocean freight changes this also the BDIX traded to 317 this week :o(

I've see land go from 300-400 to $2300 by 1980/82. Saw it crash and burn to under $800 just a few year later in my back yard. I've watched this same land go from 1200-1400 to 6-7k really really fast with that 8.50 corn. ONLY thing different this time is interest rates (figure that per acre,,, 20% plus back in the day to 4-5% NOW) AND THAT 1031 MONEY*****

There was a comment on a land sale in a east "I" state that the bankers were surprised it went that low*****
They have many surprised to come. We will have some 1031 surprises also IMO. My self I like surprises on my Birthday and Christmas NOT WITH A BANKER OR TAX MAN or in court as my last lawyer told me :o)))))

Yesterday my Insurance man called me, "You never get a bummer from the Hummer" guy is his trade mark. We talk fairly often about what's going on in Agland. We've talked about "The Lake Cabins" back in the 70's I was told EVERYONE on this little local lake to my west,,, that was bought by a farmer (keep up to the Jones type) went belly up..... EVERYONE was a shocker even to me***** The exception was my neighbor and friend that farmed for years on CHS financing. Hummer will be having a Wednesday talking markets and managing your risks. Hummer will be going thru this "whole farm revenue"...... BS stuff IMVSO tho it does sound like its being "pushed" by someone's way way out east on a hill IMO. If you want the info drop me a email.

Edited by Sat 1/30/2016 12:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)