AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Urea prices?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 1/26/2016 09:12 (#5064980 - in reply to #5064241)
Subject: RE: Urea prices?

East Central Ia
countryraised - 1/25/2016 20:59

bleedred - 1/25/2016 20:12

Wholesale prices off the river here I have seen from $240-270/ton...

Significantly the cheapest form of N this spring... 8-10 cents a unit cheaper than the NH3 prices I have seen.

Those prices I believe are at or very near the bottom... I expect those prices to raise a little sometime in the next 4-6 weeks when equipment starts rolling here.

feeling like my coop is trying to unload last falls prices here. called today urea is $400 a ton, NH3 was ok at $560 a ton. 28% was $270 a ton.

Retailers get stuck in a hard place in this kind of falling market. They have to have product on hand but have to be careful how much and when they buy it.

Most around here still have almost all of their fall supply of NH3 in their tanks as hardly any was applied last fall.

Similar on P and K, but I suspect more of that got spread... But still less then normal due to crop prices. Guys around here seemed more adapt to wait it out feeling those particular inputs were priced to high with current commodity prices.

Now Urea is a different story... No idea why retailers would buy much less stock it before now as it's strictly a spring/summer product here and it was obvious that prices were going to enter a downward correction phase.

IMO Nh3 should be in the low $400 range... If not less.

But the quotes I have gotten have been $575-600. Not interested at those price levels!
Retail urea prices are similar to yours at $398 last I heard.

We are fortunate enough to be able shop wholesale and handle the products. I feel for those who are tied to retail prices at the moment.

But there are ways to utilize wholesale prices even without the equipment to handle it. In the past we have hired a local guy who does custom spreading and purchased wholesale.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)