AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equipment values...who will blink first
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Lizton farmer
Posted 1/19/2016 13:04 (#5047622 - in reply to #5046977)
Subject: RE: Equipment values...who will blink first

lizton IN
The equipment dealers are not setting the high prices. Its the manufactures now how is JD or CNH going to get the price of equipment back down to what we can afford. And keep all the government crap on them and everything we want. If prices don't get back in the $4.?? for corn and $10.?? on soybeans. Everyone making equipment right now is going to be in trouble.

Could we be seeing the end of the equipment dealer as we know it. For the last few years I have been told to sale my old equipment on my own because I could get more out of it then they would trade for. I am old school here I though dealers should have a network so they can find homes for equipment. So if you look at Hagie they don't have dealer networks. You call the factory with questions. They have a few parts centers around or ship to you next day. Mechanics and Sales are Hagie employees. Equipment manufactures have done this some already by wanting the mega dealers. Things will change over the next few years not sure I will like it.

Keith
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)